Monday 3 January 2011

Knitters Will Love This!

New Year's Day was rather drizzly here, so we decided to take our friends to visit St Albans both to look round the shops and have a look in the Cathedral. In the entrance to the Cathedral, they had this ...... a Knitivity! Isn't it great? All the figures are knitted. The figures stand around 3 to 4 feet tall, so there's certainly a lot of knitting involved in them.
Further inside was another knitted Nativity group. These were smaller; approximately 7 or 8 inches tall but still cute :)

OK ..... this is embroidery and not knitting as you can see :)

It is an altar cloth within the Cathedral and I couldn't resist putting it on my blog as I just love looking at the embroidery to be found in Churches and Cathedrals. The intricacy always fills me with awe. It blows me away to think of the time a piece of embroidery such as this would have required to complete.

3 comments:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Hi Elaine! Hope you don't mind me replying to the comment you left on my blog this way. You are set as "no reply" so I can't get your email to reply that way - just delete this instead of approving it after you read it okay?
I would so LOVE for you to join in the organizing challenge with me! I need all the help and support I can get!! lol I just had a look at Day 2 and it is organizing your computer desk so I am in deep, deep trouble here! roflol Wait til you see the before picture I will post later - you won't believe the mess in a hundred years!
Hugs,
Kerry

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

That nativity is amazing! I can't imagine a project that big - would take me forever and ever! And the wool! Oh wow! Imagine how much wool it took! Thanks for sharing - very interesting!
Hugs,
Kerry

Elaine said...

Hi Kerry,
I won't delete your comment. It gives me the opportunity to explain that I hide my direct email because I've always worried whether it would be visible to spammers and cause me to be inundated with adverts for all sorts of body expansion products that I really have no need for :)

I think I will join you ...... it will need posts of their own of course :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...