Wednesday 5 January 2011

Getting Organised .... and Staying That Way!

One blog I love to follow is KerryKatieCakes. You'll find her in the sidebar of my blog. I can't now remember how I came to find her blog but I love her crazy quilts .... perfect eye candy! I also love her tutorials and examples for using different embroidery stitches.

Anyhow, her entry the other day caught me eye. She has signed up for a 21 day Challenge put up by a blog called A Bowl Full of Lemons and over this 21 days, the idea is to become more organised around the house. In other words ..... no clutter ...... everything in its place ..... everything looking ship-shaped and Bristol fashion!

How I need to sign up for this! Kerry has invited me to, but can 21 days really be enough time to teach an old dog new tricks :)

The thing is, I do like things organised and it is very satisfying seeing the place looking all organised when I do have a 'splurge' day, but I'd much rather be spending my time sewing or reading or ..... anything else really! So things very quickly look very un-organised and dusty and ..... well ..... slightly grubby round the edges!

Take the recent New Year period. We had friends staying and so, looking at the place with fresh eyes, I could see we needed a serious clean/sort out! Between John and I, we had a 'splurge' over a couple of days between Christmas and the New Year and by the end of the time, you would think we always have a straight house! Do we heck!

At which point, I need to explain the cross stitch picture at the head of this post. My Mum made it for me. She was a little worried that I just might take it a teansy, weansy little bit the wrong way. But I loved it! Mind you, only my Mum, who I adore, could have got away with it :) Like all good Mums, she knows what I'm like and loves me all the same :)

Anyhow ..... that 21 Challenge ...... shall I go for it? Ummmm ....... perhaps eliminating procrastination should be on the New Year's Resolution list as well :)

2 comments:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Come join me in this insanity! I just spent two days of my life I'll never get back cleaning and organizing my computer desk! lol Three days into the challenge and I'm already a day behind! But, if you join in, you can stand next to me and you'll look good by comparison!
Hugs,
Kerry

Elaine said...

LOL Kerry,
You are seriously joking there. My Mum gave me that picture for a reason :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...